.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Karma Police Arrested This Man

Why oh why has Bill O’Reilly *not* spontaneously combusted on air??? Where are the Karma Police???

I am reading a gloriously bad Larry McMurtry book. My friend Sarah put me on her Paperback Chain Letter and now I am receiving random books in the mail, which is great fun! Since I managed to somehow lose the book I was reading (“Spring Snow”…and right when it was getting good, too)…I figured what the hell? So “Desert Rose” is it! It’s about a cheerful but put-upon Las Vegas topless showgirl. Nuthin’ like a stripper with a heart of gold.

I’ve been thinking a lot about the soldiers in Iraq being killed/murdered protecting America’s corporate interests. Protecting our right to drive a Porshe SUV like an a total jerk off. I like Austin allright, but I’m not sure I can continue to live in a Red State. People have some pretty fucked up priorities here: people who dare to preach so-called “Christian values” (ugh…I just hate typing the word values…which is so filled with conflicting meaning, it is rendered meaningless) while never *volunteering* in their own community! Going to church doesn’t count, dude! Sitting on your fat suburban ass for a few hours every week so that you can feel better about yourself doesn’t cut it. The pastor or minister or whatever may talk to you about being kind and understanding and empathetic. And yet, you will have no empathy for anyone but yourself. And maybe some other white people...Church is just another service industry. Bleh! Bleh! Bleh! Of course, there are plenty of activists here and some good peeps, but they get overshadowed by the assholes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?