.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

You've Been Stroodled!

Yesterday, a friend was telling me about a new technology being developed that would level rioters with a high pitched frequency that would instantly make them sick. I did a little reading this morning and found out that device is only the tip of the “non lethal weapon” iceberg. My friend Sally just wrote a science fiction/fantasy novel where people controlled each other with “stroodlers” – devices emitting frequencies that made them do things against their will. So it was kind of eerie to see how close we are to what I perceived as science fiction. This shit creeps me out. It’s so X-Files.

Read more here on the “Future of Crowd Control”:
http://www.economist.com/diversions/displayStory.cfm?Story_id=3423036



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?