.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, February 21, 2005

All Work And No Play...

Man. Two days straight of gardening. Dave had it worse with two days straight of painting. I'm supposed to stay away from the fumes and what not. We're trying to squeeze in all our home projects now before we're knee dip in shit and baby vomit. I guess it's getting us off our lazy asses but it's hard work, dammit.It's been hard making this adjustment to "not overdoing it." I always overdo it. That's me! That's who I am! For the first time in my life today, I had to ask someone to help me load bags of gravel and mulch into my car. I did some medium lifting myself but there's always that crazy little voice in your head warning you about the myriad dangers around you. Don't drink! Don't eat sushi! Don't eat tuna! Don't eat soft cheese! Don't life anything too heavy! Don't take too hot a bath! Don't let your heart rate go above 140 beats per minute! Don't eat meat that's too rare! The list goes on and on. And you start to get scared. Will lifting this one single bag of gravel be the reason my baby has eight fingers? That it develops motor skills 6 months late? Is all this sound advice or OVER advice? I sure as shit can't tell sometimes. What's so strange about this all is that it all feels so weird and new -- as though I'm the only person it's happening to. Ridiculous -- I know. But every new ailment or discovery seems like a revelation even though I knew it would happen. So, I am beginning to understand just what makes new parents super irritating. That they retreat into their own family-baby world. I'm going to try my hardest not to alienate anyone, but I think it's something I'll need to work at.

In other news, I'm going to SXSW this year for free to cover it for Venus! Hooray! Kim sends me tons of updates on free day parties and showcases, so I figure she'll just do my research for me, right? Joe Gross wrote up Girlstown in his column lastThursday which was super nice of him. Looks like we may be changing the Launch Party...maybe...definitely the band will change as WMMF can no longer do it. Stay tuned for more details on that as Kim and I work on something that may be even GRANDER! Shhh...gotta keep it a secret for now. Suffice to say it may involve on of our favorite bands in the universe.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?