.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, February 26, 2007

More Brit Brit

I very much liked Heather Thompson's take on Britney:

"You wouldn’t have ever found me out at night flashing my bare vagina, but so what? I did things that were far worse, a lot of yelling, a lot of walking away, a lot of wishing I had never had a child. But I forgive myself for all of that because I was sick. I am not that person anymore. I wasn’t that person before my breakdown, and I’m doing everything I can to not ever become her again."

Read the entry here.

Though I can't imagine the magnitude of either Britney or Heather's depression, after I had Frankie I suffered from depression as well. Even with the support of friends and family, I felt shitty about Frankie being sick (he was in the NICU for a month & a half), about my life being turned upside down, about not sleeping. And I felt like my body had failed me in producing a sick baby, too. What would be crazy is having a baby and reacting with an "Everything's Great" smiley happy face when your body and life are so totally out of whack. I don't think most people understand how common a problem this is for most women.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?