.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Shins V. Pernice Brothers


The Shins vs pernice brothers
Originally uploaded by silverzephyr.
Anyone as disappointed with The Shins' Wincing The Night Away as I am? After the first four songs, which are rather nice, I feel…honk-shooooo, honk-shooooo…soooo sleepy. What annoys me too is that the quite similar and overall better Pernice Brother’s album, Live A Little, which came out last winter, never got the sort of media attention or promo opportunities The Shins are now receiving. Why? Because the Pernice Brothers ain’t pretty. The Shins are relatively cute. Having seen them live (and they were great btw) I can tell you this is even a really flattering picture of the Pernice Brothers. Their new bass player has a mullet and looks like he may have been in Toto (as Dave so astutely pointed out). Yeah, I know this focus on appearance is nothing new, but I think we forget it affects dudes too.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?