.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

View From Hanakapi'ai Beach in Kauai


IMG_3925, originally uploaded by silverzephyr.

We just returned for a two week stay in Kauai, Hawaii on Sunday. While there, Dave, my Mom and I hiked four miles of the Kalalau trail up the Na'Pali coast. We intended on hiking eight miles, but had to cut it short due to the muddy and dangerous conditions. This beach is two miles in and was our turn-around point. We didn't go in the water due to poor swimming conditions, but the non-sand portion is covered with gigantic pebbles that remind me of dinosaur eggs and give the whole area a pre-historic vibe.


Comments:
My friend from Alaska and I just decided that we would hike the whole trail for our 40th birthdays - coming up shortly in 2011.

Congrats on the hike!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?