.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Favorite Artists Of The Week

I read alot of design blogs during the day and envision all the possibilities and diy projects that I never have time for. I keep a folder of ideas for "my next house". I love the wide range of art and new artists that I'm exposed to while doing all this, uh, research. Like Jaime Zollars. Her work is whimsical without being overly cutesy. I particularly like this piece below called "Homecoming".


homecoming1


I also discovered Julie Knoblock today. Her Etsy store is called Tummyache. Though I'm not quite as impressed by the execution, her work really appeals to the my sense of humor. I thought about getting this one for Frankie, but then wondered if it was too twisted for a two year old's room.

memories

And finally, check out Matte Stephens and his 60's/70's-rrific pop art.

bear


Comments:
Yeah, when my sister and I were young, we used to have some 70ish prints of cats, with giant eyes that were sad because their milk was spilt, hanging in our room. I think that has done some damage to my psyche.

-d
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?